April 27, 2013

mason mini...

side view

I'm back again with a mini-album I've made using the new Crafty Secrets Button Up digital stamp set,  the new Sewing papers and Ephemera digi's available at the CraftyVintageGirl store. These digi's are choc-full of gorgeous images to play with! I used the pretty Mason Jar stamp to make the pages of my mini here today. What I love about these is you can re-size and re-colour them to suit your hearts desire!

front cover

After changing the colours to a pretty pastel blue and pink from the original black, I added all sorts of fun embellies; Stitching, a fabric yo-yo..distressed chipboard and those great scissors and spool from the ephemera pack.

scissors close up

I used some Glimmer mist and inks to add colour to the scissors and dimensional glue to give it a nice raised texture and glossy shine.. I'd love to own a pair of ornate scissors like these. Wouldn't you?

button card close uppage 2

I fell head over heels for the sweet button cards and have used them a few times (here and here) and had to include one, complete with matching buttons. On the back of each jar is a measuring tape paper pocket to tuck some goodies into!

button frameupclose button frame

One of my handmade paper-clay frames sits on top of a pretty ornate frame, I fussy cut from one of the frames found in the ephemera. Some trims and a journal tag top off this mason jar page.

bluebird057

I just had to include this cute little birdie..stitched and with a dimensional wing..he matches quite well with the spool top.

050

A kraft envelope to tuck in some more goodies. I tried to limit patterns and colours and keep them all the same, repeating elements to get a more cohesive look to my mini..

062059

A pretty little needle packet all dressed up pretty...

071072067

Vellum pocket holds a sweet sewing saying and a 3-D lid topped with pretty ribbons rounds out this little pocket project of mine..

104 

One more shot of the layers, just because I love looking at the mis-matchedness of it all...
Have a wonderful weekend friends!
~Becks

4 comments:

  1. Eeeek! This is too precious for words! So shabby and delicate, and ever so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable ... I love these little album ... love the textures and the mis-matching ... A really pretty creation my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah you mason jar album is stunning and I adore each page and how you added such pretty shabby appeal with the pastel colors and embellishments! It's so inspiring I just added it to our Pintrest Sewing board and as a sample in our online store.

    Great job, thanks for sharing!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Rebekah. Love the shape, the soft colots... the digi elements look awesome, especially cut out. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D