December 21, 2010

snow globe Sunday...


There's nothing I like better then a fresh snowfall. I don't enjoy the cold that goes along with it; I could do with out that. And, venturing out in it isn't desirable, but there's something calming about snow falling. This Sunday I sat watching as big fluffy white snowflakes fell from the sky. Drifting and floating on the breeze; covering every surface..looking very magical. On days like these I feel as if I'm enclosed in a snow globe that has been gently shaken. Such a wonderful feeling.
 The fallen snow is a bright-white clean slate so to speak. It glistens and sparkles as the sunlight hits it. It blankets the area with such a silence. Have you ever stopped and listened to snow falling?It's such a surreal experience. Those fluffy, white, light-as-air flakes have a quiet whisper about them as they make their way to the ground. Simply amazing!
Another one of my wreath ornament cards. They are highly addicting to make... I just couldn't stop. This card reminded me of my snow globe Sunday afternoon. Of course I had to add sheet music edged with distress ink, along with some sparkle to those Maya Road snowflakes.. how I love Maya Road goodies! The stamps and sentiment are from PTI's snowflake serenade. One of my favourite wintery sets!
I am off to do some more Christmasy jobs. Such a busy week! Hope to pop in again soon with some more Christmas creations.
Have a wonderful wintery time!
~Becks

2 comments:

  1. Love love love these little cards ( wish I'd thought of it) they make such perfect gifts too ... this one is just as adorable as the last ... I feel we are living in an igloo ... it's so cold ... Have yourself a wonderful Christmas Becks ... it's been nice getting to know you ... Best Wishes for 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of card with that breathtaking wreath is one of my favorites. And this one is just as stunning as the previous one you've showed us. Gorgeous!
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D