February 1, 2010

lovely LilyBean...

Happy Tuesday!

What fun my fingers have had crafting today. As many of you may know, the very talented Melissa Phillips has issued another photo inspiration challenge on her blog I just love this weeks pic, courtesy of A Creative Mint. This is one of the many blogs I follow, and LOVE her pictures. You should see her gorgeous take on pinks this week...so beautiful!
Here's the inspiration photo for the challenge: I warn you.. its a yummy delight for the eyes.. I don't know where to look first..The pretty vintage envelope, all that creamy goodness, with red accents..twine, buttons...ohhh so much to take it.. so pretty and VERY inspirational..


 A sneaky peek for ya of my take on the photo:

 Can you see where I'm headed here? Hmmm.. yea. it's not too hard to see which area of the photo I focused on...
What do ya think? I totally ran with the whole packaged letters. Here I wanted it to feel like you were just setting out to mail a postcard, and these are the items on your writing desk.. Want it to feel like its the whole package that goes along with writing and sending out a letter, or handmade card... all tied up together in one. I borrowed some twine, the red and white colour scheme..and just kept on going. I wanted some of that lovely texture you see poking out from the background of the photo challenge picture.. I seem to pick up on that in photos..it's there but subtle.. and gives me the excuse to heat emboss the heck outta stuff..
What goodies did I use here..hmm.. P.T.I. Signature greetings, Tim Holtz stamps(love his stamps!) Daisy D's papers, Kraft cardstock, bits and bobs...
Hope you enjoy your day. That's it for me for now.. If you have a chance, join in the fun and play along.. I'm already itching to know what next weeks pic will be.. I just love a challenge..
Toodles!
~Rebekah

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the story behind the card. I can imagine the package being readied for the post. Even with a bold color such as red is, the card has a vintage feel with all the wonderful textures you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous~gorgeous...LOVE all the pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL! So many things to love about this lovely masterpiece...I adore it.
    Thanks for playing along.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D