January 17, 2010

you make me smile....


Happy Sunday!
Its a grey, drizzly day here. The fire is cracking in the fireplace, and I've decided to get with this New Years {posting} resolution, which has been broken already.. ah well.. No one really sticks to those things anyways do they? A little more organization on my part and I'll be on my way...
That being said, I made this up for my guys mom.. to thank her for all the thoughtful, sweet Christmas gifts..lots of scrapbooking goodness to make this girl happy. They are being put to good use, let me tell you!


Now,I have to admit.. I absolutely ADORE Tattered Angels Framed Fonts.. I hoard them, since I've yet to find a Canadian supplier (at least one close to me). That being said, I found a cool use to the background bits that you peel off to reveal the wonderful sticky surface of the frames... This way I can extend the time between stocking up on product...This one I painted a lovely cream colour and sprayed on some Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold and some Vintage Pink was smeared on top as well..  I just love the background stamps my sister got me for Christmas. You can see it shyly peeking through from behind the frame. I heat embossed it with some white embossing powder to make it pop ever so slightly. *content sigh*

And the finished product. All shabby chic, just how I like it. I fell in love with this trim, which I picked up at a thrift store(you'd be amazed at the fab trims you can pick up for a steal!), another thing I tend to hoard..trims.. All the pretty vintage-y, shabby things that make my heart smile! Some of my fav PTI stamps, Background Basics Text style, and Signature Greetings..
Overall happiness from my end..
~Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D