October 11, 2009

it's the most wonderful time of the year....

Ok, so it's a little cliche but what can you do? It goes well with my post today. I got in some Papertrey goodies last week (YAY) and have been creating to my hearts content. I just love the new Vintage Labels and all the little accent stamps that goes with them. I loved Dawn's card and layout, so I decided to do my own spin on it:

I just love the Textstyle background stamped on the Ripe Avacado cardstock. I actually used a bright lime green ink, and it blended perfectly for a soft effect. I used Cranberry ink on the red crdstock and embossed it using clear detail embossing powder from Stampendous. That great looking label, is from the Vintage Label set. I simply cut them out by hand since I don't have Spellbinders dies. If you ask me it looks just fine! I added some gemstone embellishments to make that label *pop*

Here's a close up of the embossed image.(sorry bout the quality of the photo...I was in a rush to get these photographed and sent out) It just gives it that extra special touch..
I have a few more sets of Christmas cards to work on, so this is the first of a few Christmas posts.
Hope this gets you in the mood to create some Christmas cards!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Rebekah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D