June 14, 2009

Hey Cupcake!

I've got to admit, cupcakes are up there on my list of favourite things. I love to create them, eat them, gaze upon them.. they are just darling! So it makes sense that my signature birthday cards contain my favourite thing... this one brings a smile to my face, as I hope it will to yours..


I have just discovered Upsy Daisy papers. You can find them >HERE<. I just LOVE them. I used their "mango sorbet" for the background since it was so bright and cheerful, and took colours from it to work with.. Again, trying my hand at stamping, still figuring out what works and what doesn't. Its all bout the journey and the discoveries along the way.






Here's a close up of the cupcake.. all my own designs. I just love to create 3-D images. If you zoom in you can see that the cupcake cup lines are raised..all of the lines fold around to the back and are hidden away out of sight. A lot more work than just glueing them down, but the overall effect is worth all the hard work..


Thanks for poppin' by!
~Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. Becky! These look soo good! We should get together and do stamping or something. I'll haul out my mom's stamps (she has TUBS of them. Kind of country hick, and lots of sheep and kiwi birds but cute nonetheless) I might be making a home made recipe book for Friend Who Is Getting Married and I'd love your expertise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D